Thursday, April 26, 2007

Supersize

It's interesting to me that when I take Arlo places and people try to pet him or hold him, he shies away or he comes right back to me. People make the comment what a spoiled dog he is. I think they mean this in a good way. I don't think anyone is saying it to be harsh.

If they would think about it, they would actually realize how absurd that is. Imagine you are 4 lbs. and a GIANT reaches down toward you - What would you do? Is the GIANT going to eat you? Step on you? Pet you? You just don't know. So you run back to the one thing that is safe.

Arlo doesn't bark. He doesn't bite and he is a happy dog. Chihuahuas bond very closely with one person and I'm sure it's because they are so small and they have to rely on that one person to care for them.


No comments: